Thursday 28 February 2013

Stop, Look and Listen

In Matthew 17:1-4, Jesus is meeting with Elijah and Moses. Peter interrupts Jesus to suggest building a tabernacle for all three of them. Suddenly, a bright cloud surrounds them. A voice from heaven declares “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him” (Matthew 17:5).  As I read this passage, I was reminded of the simple instructions to children  “Stop, Look, and Listen.” We teach children to use these 3 steps when crossing the street, “Stop walking, look for cars, and listen to instructions.”  
         
The Lord is just as simple with us. When I am going in the wrong direction, confused by different messages, or too busy, God says “Stop.” He then will direct me to Jesus through a worship song, sermon teaching, or bible verse.  Now, that I have stopped and am focusing on Jesus, I am ready to listen to what God has for me. A further exploration found in prayer and scripture, brings clarity, instructional wisdom and/or personal encouragement from the Father.  
        
Thank you Lord, for interrupting our lives to bring a freshness of your word, 
Amen 

Carrie Dameron



No comments:

Post a Comment